What is Domain Authority?
Well known to Bloggers and SEO professionals, Domain Authority is a prediction of how good a site is and how well it will rank on Search engines. Domain Authority is one of the parameter among others like Page Authority which greatly influence on your site organic traffic from search engines and Pageranknig. Developed by Moz. Domain Authority is score on a scale of 1 – 100 where the best possible score is 100 while the minimum score is 1.[AdSense-A]
What is the Importance of Domain Authority?
You may have notice that your well written post can’t get rank high on SERPs as compare to some other sites who have written on same topic with low quality content. Did you ever ask about why it happens? This is where the site’s Domain Authority matters. Just check their Domain Authority and compare it with yours and you will come up with the answer that why those blog or sites rank high on SERPs than yours.
Search engine bots give priority to the sites or blogs with higher domain authority and consider their content important. So the higher Domain Authority means the higher Organic traffic from search engines and each post of your blog will be get noticed by search engines. Therefore Domain Authority has great importance in SEO and Blogging.
What Determined the Domain Authority of My Blog?
The actual post is about the improvement of Domain Authority of your site but first let us discuss here the important key factors which determine the domain Authority of a site to have better understandings of the areas which need to work on to improve Domain Authority.
There are several factors (more than 40) that are crucial to determine the Domain author. Some of these include but not limited to,
- Backlinks from High Domain Authority sites,
- Traffic your site get directly or from search engines
- Site Structure that is how well organize your site is
- Quality and of course, quantity of the content
- Social Signals like how much shares per post on Social Media.
- On-Site and Off-Site SEO of the site
- MozRank, MozTrust and lots of more.
How Much Domain Authority is OK?
- The Average Domain Authority is 40 to 50
- Good Domain Authority is 50 to 60
- Excellent Domain Authority is above 60 or for some bloggers 65.
- Google, Facebook, Twitter, Wikipedia scores 100.
Can I Improve My Blog Domain Authority?
Domain authority is neither a fixed metrics nor it is hard to improve. There are some techniques following which you can improve you Blog or site Domain Authority just as you can your site improve your Alexa Ranking
How to Improve Domain Authority?
Well you might get some idea about the factors that are crucial to determine the Domain Authority of a site or blog. Now it’s time to do some practical things to improve your site Domain Authority. But remember after all these techniques; it is still difficult to get domain authority score above 90 and even impossible to get Domain Authority 100.
01. Strong SEO On-site and Off-Site should be in place
Before considering your site Domain Authority, you should first emphasize on your site SEO. As explained by Moz, the first step in order to improve your site Domain Authority is to work on and improve both Off Site and on site SEO. Optimizing the site SEO is the foundation of Domain Authority improvement. So take a look at the Headers tags, Image Alt Tags, proper titles, Keyword, Meta tags, site structure & organization, Navigation and all other aspect of the on and off site SEO.
Tip to Improve SEO:
You can check your site SEO for errors, warning and suggestion at Neil Patel’s QuickSprout and relook those errors to have perfect SEO.
02. Create lots of Quality Content
Content is the King, and it doesn’t mean the more you write, the more your Domain Authority will be. The Phrase seems fit well on the Quality of content rather than the quantity. Quality contents are more searchable, more readable and more sharable which determine the value of your site and helps to improve the Domain Authority of your site. Remember, avoid duplicate contents as it would be consider by Google as “Keyword Stuffing” as an attempt to rank high.
Tips to Write Quality Content:
- Find trending topic on Google Trends or other research tools to know what’s hot and what goes viral around the web.
- Write a “How To” guide.
- Write a “101 Guide” about something.
- Publish interview of famous people in your industry.
- Write Review on new technology or products.
- Compare products for pros and cons.
- Write both, human and search engine friendly post.
- Add interesting and relevant Eye catching images in your post.
- Add infographics to catch attention of visitors
- Add a video to your post.
All these posts can easily go viral on social media and internet helps you to get numerous backlinks in turn.
03. Get Quality Backlinks
Backlinks are one of the most valuable tools to improve your site Domain Authority. Huge number of backlinks can be a major booster to your Domain Authority but keep in mind, don’t ruin this technique to be considered as spamming and always look for the backlinks from High Domain and Page Authority sites as well as from High PR sites. Backlinks from such sites are considered as quality backlinks and will boost up your site Domain Authority. It is also important to get backlinks from different High Authority domains instead of getting from a few one. 100 backlinks from 100 domains are far better than 1000 backlinks from same domain. Remember, number of unique domains pointing to your site matters more than number of backlinks from same domain.
Tips to Get Quality Backlinks:
Try to get natural backlinks through Guest blogging, commenting on dofollow blogs, posting regularly on High PR Forums relevant to your site’s topic and book marking your blog on Social Bookmarking sites. Here are lists of High PageRank sites for Backlinks.
- 7 Ways to Get PageRank 9 Backlinks for Better SEO
- 120+ High PR DoFollow ORG Backlinks for SEO in 2015
- 101 High PageRank Social Bookmarking Sites To Improve SEO
- 75+ High PR .Edu Websites To Get Quality Backlinks
- 65+ High PageRank Dofollow Forums List to get Quality Backlinks
- 45+ PageRank 8, 7, 6 and 5 DoFollow Backlinks Blogs List
- 20+ High Quality High PR Gov Backlinks for SEO
04. Don’t Forget Internal Linking
Did you know why Wikipedia has high PageRank as well as Domain Authority score 100. This is because of well organized and strong internal linking. Internal links are a key element of on page SEO contributes to optimize your site SEO as well as the Domain authority. They help in faster indexing of pages and make it easy for web crawlers to navigate through your site. I may not say that optimizing your site internal links will improve you Domain authority to 100 but still it is a crucial element to boost up you Domain Authority somewhat so one should not avoid it.
Tips for Strong in-linking:
- While trying to get backlinks from high PageRank authority sites, don’t forget to build high quality internal links.
- Go through your site or blog to find the linkable texts
- Don’t link to the same article or page twice from current page or post.
- Use verity of anchor text to link to your previously published post
- Don’t exceed than 100 links per page. The number of backlinks per page depends upon the length of the post.
- Maintain a balance between internal links and external links from same post or page.
- Use SEO Backlinks plugin for auto internal linking.
05. Regularly Remove Spammy Backlinks
Well after Google Panda and Penguin updates in Search engine algorithm, the SEO of backlinking is totally change. Now getting backlinks may harm your site SEO instead of boosting it. While trying to get quality backlinks from high PageRank high domain authority sites, don’t forget to remove the toxic spammy links that you’d made.
Tip to Remove Spammy Links:
Go through your backlink profile to search for spammy link and then use Google Disavow tool to get rid of those spammy bad backlinks. Hard to do but crucial if you want High Domain Authority.
06. Social Signal
As stated earlier in the key factors which determine the Domain Authority, social media signals is the one. While determining your site domain authority Moz. and Google gives value to how much your content got shared on Social media site. The more your content share and like on social media, the more your site Domain Authority will be. Social media sites are also a source of traffic other then search engines so you should not avoid the strategies to optimize you content for social media.
Tips to Optimize Social Signal:
- Optimize your content not only for Search engine but for social media as well.
- Find some viral topics and rewrite on the same in your own word with your own pinion.
- Have social sharing buttons on your post and in widget.
- Share you content over social media site to reach more audience.
07. Relax and let your Domain Age to Grow
After doing all the tweaks and applying all the techniques mentioned above, it’s now time to relax and wait. Wait for years. Yes, because one of the crucial element that determine the High Domain Authority is the Domain age. The older your Domain is the higher your Domain authority will be. Well this element of your site domain authority is unalterable and you have to wait up to years to attain the maximum possible domain authority for your blog or site.
Well this element can’t be alter, just wait for it to grow by itself with time while work on the other elements of domain authority