To celebrate International Women’s Day, here we have collected some inspiring and motivational quotes and saying from all around the world by famous scholars and philosophers about women to encourage a woman to be an active and useful member of the society along with a caring mother for her children, a loving wife for her husband.
Inspirational Women’s Day Quotes and Sayings – Women’s Day 2015
01. You can tell the strength of a nation by the women behind its men.” ~ Benjamin Disraeli
02. Women will never be as successful as men because they have no wives to advise them.” ~ Dick Van Dyke
03. Women are made to be loved, not understood.” ~ Oscar Wilde
04. A woman is like a tea bag – you can’t tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water.” ~ Eleanor Roosevelt
05. A woman is the full circle. Within her is the power to create, nurture and transform.” ~ Diane Mariechild
06. She was free in her wildness. She was a wanderess, a drop of free water. She belonged to no man and to no city” ~ Roman Payne, The Wanderess
07. Women are never stronger than when they arm themselves with their weaknesses.” ~ Madame Marie du Deffand
08. The sadness of the women’s movement is that they don’t allow the necessity of love. See, I don’t personally trust any revolution where love is not allowed.
09. The greatest gift to man is woman, But the greatest gift to woman is herself.” ~ C.C. Campbell
10. Woman’s guess is much more accurate than a man’s certainty ~ Rudyard Kipling
11. “I measure the progress of a community by the degree of progress which women have achieved” ~ B. R. Ambedkar
12. “The history of all times and of today especially, teaches that women will be forgotten if they forget to think about themselves” ~ Louise Otto
13. “Women are the real architects of society” ~ Harriet Beecher Stowe
14. Despite my thirty years of research into the feminine soul, I have not yet been able to answer the great question that has never been answered: What does a woman want? ~ Sigmund Freud
15. A beautiful woman must expect to be more accountable for her steps, than one less attractive.
16. By and large, mothers and housewives are the only workers who do not have regular time off. They are the great vacation-less class.
17. “Being a woman is a terribly difficult task, since it consists principally in dealing with men” ~Joseph Conrad
18. The day will come when men will recognize woman as his peer, not only at the fireside, but in councils of the nation. Then, and not until then, will there be the perfect comradeship, the ideal union between the sexes that shall result in the highest development of the race.” ~ Susan B. Anthony
19. Women have always been the strong ones of the world. The men are always seeking from women a little pillow to put their heads down on. They are always longing for the mother who held them as infants.” ~ Coco Chanel
20. The strength of a woman is not measured by the impact that all her hardships in life have had on her; but the strength of a woman is measured by the extent of her refusal to allow those hardships to dictate her and who she becomes.” ~ C. JoyBell C
21. A strong woman understands that the gifts such as logic, decisiveness, and strength are just as feminine as intuition and emotional connection. She values and uses all of her gifts.” ~ Nancy Rathburn